Building on the concepts explored in the Growth Area Schools Project, New Schools 2020 is a major education infrastructure project commissioned by the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA). In a joint venture with Architectus, this huge undertaking will see the development of 9 new schools across greater Melbourne in new areas of urban growth.
This bundle of schools hopes to help the wider community in these key growth corridors throughout Victoria. The new spaces are adaptable to community’s needs and will hopefully provide a greater sense of interconnection across these areas.
Sketch showing the 'Learning Neighbourhood' building
Each school provides students with many different learning opportunities, including a performing arts and physical education building, a large gymnasium, and collaborative learning and administration spaces. All these spaces revolve around the idea of flexible learning – malleable to the unique learning style and interests of the student.
The New Schools 2020 package includes the design of 9 new schools:
- > Beveridge Primary School (P-6)
- > Botanic Ridge Primary School (P-6)
- > Casey Fields Primary School (P-6)
- > Lucas Primary School (P-6)
- > Edgar’s Creek Primary School (P-6)
- > Eynesbury Station Primary School (P-6)
- > Timbertop Primary School (P-6)
- > Clyde North Primary School (P-6)
- > Endeavour Hills Specialist School (Specialist School)
Casey Fields Render courtesy of the VSBA website.